The winners of the UK’s Specsavers National Book Awards 2013 have been announced and awarded tonight and are listed below. The public vote or the Specsavers National Book of the Year now begins.
audible.co.uk Audiobook of the Year
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. Narrated by Neil Gaiman
Biography / Autobiography of the Year
- David Jason: My Life by David Jason
National Book Tokens Children’s Book of the Year
- Demon Dentist by David Walliams
Crime Thriller of the Year
- The Carrier by Sophie Hannah
Food & Drink Book of the Year
- EAT: The Little Book of Fast Food by Nigel Slater
Specsavers Popular Fiction Book of the Year
- An Officer And A Spy by Robert Harris
magic fm Popular Non-Fiction Book of the Year
- I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai & Christina Lamb
@booksaremybag New Writer of the Year
- Tigers in Red Weather by Liza Klaussman
International Author of the Year is Gillian Flynn.
UK Author of the Year is Kate Atkinson.