CrimeFest’s Flashbang flash crime fiction competition shortlist announced today. Congrats to all those listed! Click above to see the list.
Here, in no specific order, is our shortlist. It was tough to get the longlist of 15 down to these 5, and there were some close calls. Congratulations to everyone who made it through. Commiserations to those who didn’t, but know that your stories are excellent – they wouldn’t have been on our longlist otherwise. All five on the shortlist have won a free place on CrimeFest’s Crime Writing Day on Thursday 30 May, when we’ll be announcing the winners and runners-up. Good luck.
- Head Shots by Pauline Wilson
- Expectations by Cathy Lennon
- Crime Seen by Alexander Buchanan
- The Laburnum Tree by Debra Ramsdale
- Local News Quarterly by Hayley Jackson