The shortlist for the University of Wales Dylan Thomas Prize – “the world’s largest literary prize for young writers” – was announced yesterday.
- Tom Benn’s debut The Doll Princess (Vintage)
- Andrea Eames’s The White Shadow (Harvill Secker)
- Chibundu Onuzo’s The Spider King’s Daughter (Faber)
- Maggie Shipstead’s debut Seating Arrangements (Blue Door)
- D W Wilson’s collection of short stories Once You Break a Knuckle (Bloomsbury).
The prize of £30,000 is open to any published author in the English language under the age of 30. The winner will be announced on 9 November at a ceremony in Swansea.
Tom Benn’s The Doll Princess (Vintage) was longlisted was the CWA’s John Creasey (New Blood) Dagger in 2012.